Services We Offer
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Consultants in Robertsonpet
MS Legal Associates:
The ISO 22000 family of International Standards addresses food safety management.
The consequences of unsafe food can be serious and ISO's food safety management standards help organizations identify and control food safety hazards. As many of today's food products repeatedly cross national boundaries, International Standards are needed to ensure the safety of the global food supply chain.
What is ISO 22000 Certification - Food Safety Management System?
ISO 22000 Certification for Food Safety Management System is a process control system designed to improve quality of the food organization with identify, evaluate and control the food safety hazards like physical, chemical, microbiological and other hazards in food production as well as entire food chain. ISO 22000 defines and follows HACCP guidelines, which includes steps designed to prevent problems before they occur and to correct deviations through a systematic way as soon as they are detected. Such preventive control systems with documentation and verification are widely recognized by scientific authorities and international organizations as the most effective approach available for producing safe food.
ISO 22000 enables the producers, processors, distributors, exporters etc associated with food products, to utilize technical resources efficiently in a cost effective manner which is assuring food safety.
The ISO 22000:2005 standard outlines Food Safety Management System requirements for any organization in the food chain and is one of a family of standards focused at the development, implementation and improvement of a food safety management system.
ISO 22000:2005 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size or position in the food chain.
ISO 22000 certification demonstrates your ongoing commitment to food safety, proves your integrity to the market, and enhances consumer confidence in your brand.
Saving you time and money. As an integrated programme, ISO 22000 implementation avoids the cost of multiple audits. Food safety management systems based on ISO 22000 promote continuous improvements in processes and performance, which can help your business become more efficient and because ISO 22000 is respected by governments and food safety experts worldwide, certification can open your business to new markets.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
Following are the key benefits of the ISO 22000:2005 certification and food safety management system implemented in any organization.
1. A preventative approach to food safety
2. Enhances customer satisfaction / reduces dissatisfaction
3. Conformance to Legal and Regulatory equirements
4. Increase Organisational Credibility & Reputation
5. Hazard analysis to evaluate threats to food safety.
6. It helps to identify process improvements & reduced customer complaints
7. Reduces the need for and the cost of end product testing
8. Improves internal and external communications
9. Facilitates better understanding of food packaging safety issues throughout the organization
10. Increase in profitability of the company.
ISO 22000 Requirements for Effective & Quick FSMS Certification
Following are the basic ISO 22000 requirements, the organization must follow while implementing of the food safety management system to achieve best results of continuous improvements from the food safety system certification.
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization, developed by top management.
- Setting objectives that will drive your company's efforts to comply with this policy.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company (regulatory, customers, suppliers and others) as well as for internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance of the FSMS
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety.
- Following HACCP principles
- Establishing a traceability system for identification of product.
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS.